maybe happiness didn't have to be about the big, sweeping
circumstances, about having everything in your life in place. maybe it was about
stringing together a bunch of small pleasures


8.08.2010

101

Fishing....

Before this summer started I started a list of things I wanted to do this summer. Well I guess if you could even call it a list. All it was was a piece of paper on my desk at work that I would scribble on when I thought of something I wanted to do.. Anyway... One of those things was fishing. I have never gone fishing before. SHOCK. But not really. If ya know me. ;)

Well I married into a VERY outdoors kind of family. Which is great (for the most part) cause I get to do all those things I never thought I would (never wanted to do ;).

Tylers dad calls and asks us to go fishing with him and the boy grandkids. I was ALL over this. Fishing was on the list. I HAD to!

So Im super excited so Im telling everyone at work. In my mind fishing seems so fun and the fish are so cute... little did I know this was a horrible. bloody, smash them on the head if they arent dead "sport". (fyi never ask about fishing and expect to hear stories of cute fish and a great tan)

So now Im a little worried. But we go buy me a license to fish stay the night with momma and pappa hammer and wake up WAY too early for a saturday. We drive out to the middle of no where. Set up to fish. nothing... still nothing....

BORING

DIRTY

HOT

WHY DO PEOPLE THINK THIS IS FUN?!!

But then it happens! I cast my line in! Something is tugging! I start reeling it in! This fish is mad! Its going crazy! It even looks wierd like it didnt bite the hook! Why does it look like it is flapping?! Wait... What is that?! A BIRD!! *scream* All the little boys are laughing. Yes, I did. I caught a bird. Right out of the sky. :) It is the only thing I have ever caught fishing cause nothing was biting that day.

By the end I was dirty and miserable but really happy about my first fishing trip catching birds! :)

(Tyler is always so GREAT at helping me and then letting me be done when its too much outdoors! What an AMAZING guy!!! He's so GREAT at everything! :D )

-sorry there is no pictures of me fishing.. I was either behind the camera or freaking out I had caught a bird with my fishing pole! :)
-L

1 comment: