maybe happiness didn't have to be about the big, sweeping
circumstances, about having everything in your life in place. maybe it was about
stringing together a bunch of small pleasures


3.09.2011

118

If you have never heard of Melissa Sweet Im very very sad for you. Luckily you have me to share! ;)

Melissa Sweet is my all time favorite wedding gown designer! I would have killed to have one of her dresses for my own wedding. My parents would not have even thought twice about spending the thousands on one.. plus it would of had to be seriously altered to be modest.. anyways..

Why am I talking about this today?? Well, I was never fully satisfied with my wedding dress. Dont get me wrong I really loved it but it wasnt one of my favorite Melissa Sweet gowns.. or so I thought.

I was going through a collection of Melissa Sweet the other day and low and behold there is was. MY GOWN. I about died. Straight up died. Dora by Melissa Sweet. It is almost exactly like my wedding dress minus the sleeves. Sweetheart neckline. Drop A line cut w/ built in (small) train. POKA DOT organza covering satin. (Yes, I had a poka dot dress :) And the best part a long poka dot organza sash tied in a bow in the front. Simply Elegant. Underly Overstated. PERFECT.

HOLY CRAP. Yes people I am that good. Unknowly I picked a knock off mormon version Melissa Sweet gown. Like I said I could have died and gone to heaven. Life. is. good.

If you couldnt tell from this post I am a lover of the clothes. I know this doesnt make sense to some of you but like I like my designer jeans you like your sports or books or movies or various hobbies. Now all I need is to not be a poor college town kid any more so I can buy these things... but all in due time. haha :)

-L

4 comments:

  1. I am sure I am not grasping the entirety of this phenomenal event, but I still think it is pretty awesome! You looked gorgeous, knock off or not ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a dang cool coincidence.
    I have always loved Melissa Sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you find the knock off version?

    ReplyDelete